Archive for the ‘ MSBuild ’ Category

The “DeleteCurrentDeployment” task failed unexpectedly and IE8 tab hang

Thank you Roel van Lisdonk (http://www.roelvanlisdonk.nl/?p=653). I have been having problems with my Visual Studio  2010 when building and running Windows Azure projects. I would get an error which I posted in the MSDN forums and also on StackOverflow and never received a solution to the problem. So I re-imaged my machine and re-installed everything.

Same issue occurred again.

Error 1  The "DeleteCurrentDeployment" task failed unexpectedly.
System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.OLE.Interop.IServiceProvider'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{6D5140C1-7436-11CE-8034-00AA006009FA}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)).
at System.StubHelpers.StubHelpers.GetCOMIPFromRCW(Object objSrc, IntPtr pCPCMD, Boolean& pfNeedsRelease)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.OLE.Interop.IServiceProvider.QueryService(Guid& guidService, Guid& riid, IntPtr& ppvObject)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.ServiceProvider.GetService(Guid guid, Type serviceType)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.ServiceProvider.GetService(Type serviceType)
at Microsoft.Cct.IServiceProviderExtensions.GetService[InterfaceType,ServiceType](IServiceProvider serviceProvider)
at Microsoft.Cct.CctBuildDeploymentTaskHost.DeleteCurrentDeployment()
at Microsoft.CloudExtensions.MSBuildTasks.DeleteCurrentDeployment.Execute()
at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskExecutionHost.Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.ITaskExecutionHost.Execute()
at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskBuilder.ExecuteInstantiatedTask(ITaskExecutionHost taskExecutionHost, TaskLoggingContext taskLoggingContext, TaskHost taskHost, ItemBucket bucket, TaskExecutionMode howToExecuteTask, Boolean& taskResult)

So I removed the “DeleteCurrentDeployment” task from the targets file and then i was able to build. When i went to run the project in debug i was prompted with a smaller version of the error.

Windows Azure Tools: Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.OLE.Interop.IServiceProvider'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{6D5140C1-7436-11CE-8034-00AA006009FA}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)).

After I searched for that error I again came across a blog post from Marc Valk, which then pointed me to another blog post from Roel van Lisdonk. Come to find out that the IE8 hang issue which i was also having was created by SourceGear Vault 3.1.9 which i happened to be running for my VS2005 projects. So i followed the instructions given by Roel van Lisdonk.

1. Install the SourceGear Vault client v3.1.9 in “C:\Program Files (x86)\SourceGear\Vault Client”
2. Backup all files and folders from the folder “C:\Program Files (x86)\SourceGear\Vault Client” to a backup folder “C:\Program Files (x86)\SourceGear\Vault Client Backup”
3. Uninstall the SourceGear Vault client v3.1.9
4. Restore all files and folders from the “C:\Program Files (x86)\SourceGear\Vault Client Backup” to the “C:\Program Files (x86)\SourceGear\Vault Client”
5. Create a FixSourceControlProviderOnWin7x64.reg file and paste the following values:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SourceCodeControlProvider]
"ProviderRegKey"="Software\\SourceGear\\Vault Client"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SourceCodeControlProvider\InstalledSCCProviders]
"SourceGear Vault Client"="Software\\SourceGear\\Vault Client"
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SourceGear]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SourceGear\Vault Client]
"SCCServerName"="SourceGear Vault Client"
"SCCServerPath"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\SourceGear\\Vault Client\\VaultIDE.dll"

6. Run the FixSourceControlProviderOnWin7x64.reg file.

Sure enough this solved both of my problems. Just wish I would have found this out before I did the re-image :). Talk about killing two birds with one stone.

Advertisements